Cheryl McKeever, Ed.D., Director
Phone: (561) 434-88503300 Forest Hill Boulevard, Suite B-250West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Purpose and Functions
The Assessment Department coordinates preparation of system requirements, documentation, and supports schools and the District in implementing state and local District-wide assessments including training, materials, logistics, administration, school support, reporting, and interpretation of the results towards continuous improvement. The purpose of the Assessment Department is:
- To provide a comprehensive Local Assessment System and online platform (UNIFY) inclusive of managing, training, data analysis, and developing content for the local assessment platform.
- To coordinate school accountability including school grades and ESEA / ESSA.
- To ensure the development of School Improvement Plans, District Improvement and Assistance Plan, and the compliance of the School Advisory Council (SAC) through training, monitoring, supporting schools, and coordinating with Florida Department of Education (FDOE) staff.
- To guarantee the District accreditation process including training, reporting for schools, and preparation for multi-year external review team site visits.
- To ensure the Strategic Plan's coordination including strategic themes, long-term outcomes, objectives, initiatives, blueprint/action plans and work-plans for implementation.